At a glance
Career levelwith Experience
DivisionSales & Marketing
LocationHome Office, Freiburg, Munich (Germany)
Field Application Engineer
TDK-Micronas develops and produces trend-setting IC and sensor system solutions for automotive and industrial electronics.
We at TDK-Micronas meet the global challenges and pursue demanding objectives, particularly in environmental issues. Our claim is to create outstanding products from innovative ideas, a wealth of knowledge and cutting-edge technology. One of our customers’ central strategic elements is the efficiency of sensors and of application-specific microcontrollers. Today our products make vehicles more fuel efficient, cut emissions, reduce material usage in industrial applications and let mechanical switches become obsolete. TDK-Micronas develops key technologies for the future and ensures in this way the market success of the end product.
We are a globally operating manufacturer of semiconductors with the communication structure of a medium-sized business, equipped with the financial resources necessary for our line of business. With us you will get the freedom of design and development which you need to implement our common vision and strategies. Short decision-making channels coupled with an open information culture give us the drive and dynamism of an attractive employer. On the exciting way from the original concept to the finished product, we are currently assisted by 1000 people working in development, research and production.
We invite you to join us with your experience, your self-confidence and your individual abilities and skills. Be part of the community – be a member of the TDK-Micronas Family.
Your assignment:The Field Application Engineer (FAE) is responsible for increasing sales and market share by providing a competent technical presence in the field to customers. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical guidance in the sales and “design-in” process at customers
- Work with applications engineers (AE) and Business Units to provide accurate, timely, and quality responses to customer technical support requests
- Keeping track with market, competitor, and application trends
- Prepare and execute customer presentations and product/application trainings
- Support our distribution partners during FAE trainings or end customer seminars
- Travel in Germany and Europe
- Bachelor or Master degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Preferably several years of Experience in a similar position, as an application engineer in a semiconductor company or as systems engineer, or product development engineer in a systems company
- Ability to understand complex technical specifications required
- A team player with strong drive, proactive and autonomous behavior that enables on-time project delivery
- Fluent in English, German as a plus
- High willingness to travel within Europe