At a glance
Career levelwith Experience
DivisionResearch & Development
Firmware Engineer (m/f/d)
TDK-Micronas develops and produces trend-setting IC and sensor system solutions for automotive and industrial electronics.
We at TDK-Micronas meet the global challenges and pursue demanding objectives, particularly in environmental issues. Our claim is to create outstanding products from innovative ideas, a wealth of knowledge and cutting-edge technology. One of our customers’ central strategic elements is the efficiency of sensors and of application-specific microcontrollers. Today our products make vehicles more fuel efficient, cut emissions, reduce material usage in industrial applications and let mechanical switches become obsolete. TDK-Micronas develops key technologies for the future and ensures in this way the market success of the end product.
We are a globally operating manufacturer of semiconductors with the communication structure of a medium-sized business, equipped with the financial resources necessary for our line of business. With us you will get the freedom of design and development which you need to implement our common vision and strategies. Short decision-making channels coupled with an open information culture give us the drive and dynamism of an attractive employer. On the exciting way from the original concept to the finished product, we are currently assisted by 1000 people working in development, research and production.
We invite you to join us with your experience, your self-confidence and your individual abilities and skills. Be part of the community – be a member of the TDK-Micronas Family.
- Code development for sensor systems and platforms with integrated MCU and DSP cores for application adaptation, device configuration and customisation
- Programming implementation of mathematical functions and algorithms for (self-)calibrations, compensations, accuracy and performance optimisations, Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Verifying FW code and/or specifying verification plans that can be used internally or externalised
- System modelling and simulation of FW code embedded into the system environment by means of Matlab/Simulink or similar tools
- Works according to best practise of FW design and processes: IP, platform-based structured design, code re-use, FW verification plans, non-regression testing, file versioning control and bug tracking system
- Documentation: FW specifications, verification plans, reports, patents, scientific publications
- Master degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with specialization in telecommunications, circuit and signals theory, control technology or systems technology or similar
- Experience in coding in C, C++, Assembler or similar
- Knowledge about tools for modelling and behavioral simulation (i.e. Matlab/Simulink)
- Being rigorous, methodical and organised
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills
- Team Player
- Very good English, verbal/oral communication and documentation skills
- Enjoyment of work and readiness for further education
Preferred Experience & Background:
- Hands on database management and file versioning control systems (i.e. SVN), bug tracking (i.e. Jira, Bugzilla)
- Knowledge of (self-)calibration, compensation (i.e. offset, temperature), tuning techniques of analog, mixed circuits, signal theory and Digital Signal Processing (i.e. FIR, IIR filters, ITR, DCM multi-rate data processing)
- Experience with programming of DSP processors
- Knowledge of Functional Safety ISO26262 SW development process a plus