At a glance
Career levelwith Experience
Key Account Manager Automotive (m/f/d)
TDK-Micronas develops and produces trend-setting IC and sensor system solutions for automotive and industrial electronics.
We at TDK-Micronas meet the global challenges and pursue demanding objectives, particularly in environmental issues. Our claim is to create outstanding products from innovative ideas, a wealth of knowledge and cutting-edge technology. One of our customers’ central strategic elements is the efficiency of sensors and of application-specific microcontrollers. Today our products make vehicles more fuel efficient, cut emissions, reduce material usage in industrial applications and let mechanical switches become obsolete. TDK-Micronas develops key technologies for the future and ensures in this way the market success of the end product.
We are a globally operating manufacturer of semiconductors with the communication structure of a medium-sized business, equipped with the financial resources necessary for our line of business. With us you will get the freedom of design and development which you need to implement our common vision and strategies. Short decision-making channels coupled with an open information culture give us the drive and dynamism of an attractive employer. On the exciting way from the original concept to the finished product, we are currently assisted by 1000 people working in development, research and production.
We invite you to join us with your experience, your self-confidence and your individual abilities and skills. Be part of the community – be a member of the TDK-Micronas Family.
We are looking for an experienced Key account manager Automotive at our location in Freiburg or home office based (w/location in Germany).
- Responsibility for developing and executing strategies to maximize TDK’s Magnetic Sensors Business Group (MSBG) sales and profit at a major Automotive Accounts in Automotive Field (worldwide responsibility at those accounts).
- Identify new customer projects, propose technical solutions utilizing MSBG products and services, manage negotiations towards WIN/WIN outcomes, and maintain support throughout the product development cycle.
- Develop appropriate product proposals and co-ordinate an optimum support. This involves close cooperation and communication with TDK’s sales and field application engineering teams as well as intensive communication with the responsible TDK business lines.
- Monitor project execution with key milestones with the customer during all phases of the development.
- Understand the customer‘s business strategy, opportunities and issues, short term and long term.
- Understand formal & informal hierarchy, decision makers, collecting insights at customer.
- Establish and develop strategic relationship within the account at all management levels.
- Create demand forecasts and align with supply chain and customer service to ensure a reliable order fulfillment.
- Degree in electrical engineering or similar.
- Experience about Electronic / Semiconductor products and their usage in the automotive application fields or proven track record of success in a similarly challenging business environment is required.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in Marketing or Sales.
- Market knowledge in the area of Electrification/Autonomous driving would be an advantage.
- Customer and business focus. Flexibility, motivation, and networking ability are requested for this position at all management levels.
- Ability to explain complex technical contents in a convincing fashion appropriate to the level of the business partner.
- Analytical skills to extract key customer requirements and to identify appropriate solutions.
- A high degree of flexibility, motivation, customer focus and business orientation.
- Very strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in both German and English.
- Willing to travel (mainly Germany, but also WW).
- Team player in a global and multi-cultural environment.