At a glance
Career levelwith Experience
DivisionResearch & Development
Sensor System Engineer
– Sensor System and IC concept (m/f/d)
TDK-Micronas develops and produces trend-setting IC and sensor system solutions for automotive and industrial electronics.
We at TDK-Micronas meet the global challenges and pursue demanding objectives, particularly in environmental issues. Our claim is to create outstanding products from innovative ideas, a wealth of knowledge and cutting-edge technology. One of our customers’ central strategic elements is the efficiency of sensors and of application-specific microcontrollers. Today our products make vehicles more fuel efficient, cut emissions, reduce material usage in industrial applications and let mechanical switches become obsolete. TDK-Micronas develops key technologies for the future and ensures in this way the market success of the end product.
We are a globally operating manufacturer of semiconductors with the communication structure of a medium-sized business, equipped with the financial resources necessary for our line of business. With us you will get the freedom of design and development which you need to implement our common vision and strategies. Short decision-making channels coupled with an open information culture give us the drive and dynamism of an attractive employer. On the exciting way from the original concept to the finished product, we are currently assisted by 1000 people working in development, research and production.
We invite you to join us with your experience, your self-confidence and your individual abilities and skills. Be part of the community – be a member of the TDK-Micronas Family.
- Development of Hall magnetic sensors
- Define the sensor system and particular the IC architecture by analysis of the system requirements
- Work in close collaboration with marketing to define the features and metrics of new products
- Align technical solutions with customers
- Assess feasibility and estimate costs together with product development
- Verify concepts and methods by means of system and behavioural simulation
- Define and execute magnetic characterization
- Support mixed-signal design and firmware engineers for definition of module specification
- Participate in definition of test methods
- Degree in electrical engineering or physics. Specializing in microelectronics, microsystems technology is of advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in relevant positions
- Experience with sensor systems development (HW/IC/FW/SW)
- Experience in system and behavioral modeling, verification, and characterization
- Programming experience in Matlab, Simulink environment, Python or equivalent
- Programming experience in the field of electronic measurements
- General knowledge of analog, mixed-signal, digital IC design
- Good written and spoken knowledge of the German and English language
Preferred Experience and Background:
- Professional experience with a sensor manufacturer, ideally in the automotive industry
- Basic knowledge of magnetic Hall and/or TMR sensing technology
- Experience in the field of product development under zero ppm quality requirements
- Knowledge of methods and tools for defining and managing requirements
- Experience in functional safety according to ISO26262
- Familiar to work within rigorous project context with interdisciplinary teams