At a glance
DivisionResearch & Development
Vice President R&D (m/f/d)
TDK-Micronas develops and produces trend-setting IC and sensor system solutions for automotive and industrial electronics.
We at TDK-Micronas meet the global challenges and pursue demanding objectives, particularly in environmental issues. Our claim is to create outstanding products from innovative ideas, a wealth of knowledge and cutting-edge technology. One of our customers’ central strategic elements is the efficiency of sensors and of application-specific microcontrollers. Today our products make vehicles more fuel efficient, cut emissions, reduce material usage in industrial applications and let mechanical switches become obsolete. TDK-Micronas develops key technologies for the future and ensures in this way the market success of the end product.
We are a globally operating manufacturer of semiconductors with the communication structure of a medium-sized business, equipped with the financial resources necessary for our line of business. With us you will get the freedom of design and development which you need to implement our common vision and strategies. Short decision-making channels coupled with an open information culture give us the drive and dynamism of an attractive employer. On the exciting way from the original concept to the finished product, we are currently assisted by 1000 people working in development, research and production.
We invite you to join us with your experience, your self-confidence and your individual abilities and skills. Be part of the community – be a member of the TDK-Micronas Family.
- You are accountable for the success of all innovation projects.
- In addition, you will lead, motivate, develop and represent a development group in an international environment.
- You follow the market-driven approach, which means you interact closely with several stakeholders – Business (Marketing/Sales) Test/Industrialisation and Operations to achieve mutual goals – discuss with business the right specifications and product costs. Discuss with Test the right design-for-test and ReUse strategy. Discuss with Operations the high volume scale up of our semiconductor products.
- With your distinctive, strategic foresight, you identify development trends and investment potentials, incorporate them into medium- and long-term business plans while taking your budget into account, and thus create internal synergy effects.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive continuous development and simplification of processes to create state-of-the-art semiconductor products (mixed signal, sensors).
- Continuous lessons learned to improve processes and development methodologies.
- You are responsible for establishing and maintaining global networks, for which you cooperate closely with universities, associations and standardization committees and supervising funded projects.
- Furthermore, you are responsible for budget preparation, monitoring of running costs and managing the patent portfolio.
- In this role, you will be a member of the executive team and report directly to the CEO.
- Degree in electrical engineering of physics, preferably in microelectronics.
- Several years of professional experience, preferably in the semiconductor industry, and in the field of mixed-signal ICs/SoC for the automotive industry (design, concept).
- Demonstrated leadership presence and maturity.
- Impeccable judgment and ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced, dynamic setting.
- Ability to work in a team combined with a confident and assertive manner.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken German and English.
- Your employer is an innovative and successful medium-sized company with global reach. Benefit directly from this reputation and the references of the company.
- A pleasant, collegial and appreciative atmosphere as well as the advantages of a globally successful company await you.
- You can expect a high degree of creative freedom and the opportunity to contribute your own ideas. As VP R&D you will report directly to the management and communicate with the most important interfaces in the company in order to achieve the best possible results.
- You will be offered further training and development opportunities as well as very good company social benefits.
- You can expect attractive remuneration in line with the market.