1. Scope of Application
Cookies are small files, usually composed of alphanumeric characters, issued by TDK’s website or third party providers (“Cookies”) and stored on computers, tablets, smart phones and other devices (“Devices”) of Users that access, browse or otherwise use TDK’s website or third party websites on which TDK has posted advertisements.
3. Types of Cookies
Cookies are usually classified into (i) Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies, and (ii) in First Party Cookies and Third Party Cookies, which will be explained in the following.
3.1 Session Cookies
Session Cookies ensure that a User can use functions and refer to information on the TDK website in an efficient way. For example, they ensure that a User is not required to enter the same information repeatedly while using the TDK website. They are stored in temporary memory and deleted when the web browser is closed.
3.2 Persistent Cookies
Persistent Cookies are stored on the hard disk of the User's device and are not deleted if the web browser is closed. For example, they are used to save a setting that ensures a User can use the same language when he/she visits next time and to record the number of visits. The period these Cookies are stored varies from Cookie to Cookie.
3.3 First Party and Third Party Cookies
4. Cookies used on the TDK Website
Strictly Necessary Cookies: These Cookies ensure that the TDK website operates properly. They are technically necessary and TDK cannot switch off these Cookies in its systems without losing the operability of its website. They are usually only set in response to actions of Users on the TDK website, such as setting privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to alert you about these Cookies and block them, but some parts of the TDK website may then not work and you may not be able to use some or all of the functions and services offered by TDK.
Performance Cookies: These Cookies allow TDK to measure and analyze User activities on TDK’s website to improve its performance. They usually measure traffic data including the number of Users that visit TDK’s website, number of visits, pages Users view and website and location from which the visit originates. They help TDK to know which pages are the most and least popular, see where Users come from and how they move around on the TDK website. You can set your browser to alert you about these Cookies and block them, but TDK will not be able to monitor and improve the performance of its website for the benefit of Users.
These Cookies do not store any personally identifiable data; any data collected is aggregated and anonymous.
Functional Cookies: These Cookies enable TDK’s website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization to display the most suitable information about TDK and its products and services to Users. They usually record information about the activity of Users including login information. Functional Cookies may set by TDK or by third party providers whose services TDK has added to its website. You can set your browser to alert you about these Cookies and block them, but TDK will not be able to provide enhanced functionality and personalization to display the most suitable information about TDK and its products and services.
These Cookies may store personally identifiable data
Targeting Cookies: These Cookies allow TDK, alone or in cooperation with its third party advertising partners, to deliver on-line advertisements closely related to User’s interest on TDK’s website or other websites. They usually record on-line activities, including websites Users visit, pages on the TDK website Users view, and links and advertisements that Users click. These Cookies may be used to build a profile of the interests of Users. You can set your browser to alert you about these Cookies and block them, but you will experience less advertising tailored to your interests.
These Cookies may store personally identifiable data.
These Cookies may store personally identifiable data.
Social Media Cookies: These Cookies allow TDK to add and embed social media services of third party service providers on its website for sharing TDK’s content. Each social media service provider may collect data including personal data through Cookies. These social media providers are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may affect the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. You can set your browser to alert you about these Cookies and block them, but you may not be able to see the social media embedded on TDK’s website.
These Cookies may store personally identifiable data.
Please see here for a detailed list of the Social Media Cookies used. For more details than the information provided by TDK regarding the purpose and retention period of the Social Media Cookies used by third party providers, please kindly refer to the privacy and cookie policies of the providers.
5. Processing by third Parties
Cookiebot (Consent Management)
(1) We use Cookiebot to manage the website cookies used and tracking tools used on the website, to inform users and (self-) Management consent.
(2) If a user permission is granted, the following data are automatically logged:
- The end user's IP number in anonymized form (the last three digits are set to '0').
- Date and time of consent.
- User agent of the end user's browser.
- The URL from which consent was sent.
- An anonymous, random and encrypted key.
- The end user's consent status, which serves as evidence of consent.
The key and the consent status are stored in the end user's browser in the cookie “CookieConsent” so that the website can automatically read and follow the end user's consent for all subsequent page requests and future end user sessions for up to 12 months. The key is used for proof of consent and for an option to check whether the consent status stored in the end user's browser is unchanged compared to the original consent that was sent to Cybot.
(3) The processing of your data is either because your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) DSGVO) or if the processing performance of the contract is necessary or to act on your request, before signing a contract (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR). You can view your settings at any time via the Cookiebot console and adjust them if necessary.
(4) Cookiebot is a registered trademark of Cybot (Havnegade 39 1058, Kopenhagen,Dänemark, Ph: +45 50333777.)
6. Akamai (Security)
(1) This website uses Akamai's Content Delivery Network Service (http://www.akamai.com/cdn). A content delivery network is a highly distributed platform of servers that can deliver the content requested by the end user directly. The network acts as the interface between a content server, also known as the “origin”, and its end users or “client”. With CDNs is the speed of the call from our website Incr t while the latency decreased. Thereby the in No. 4 and 2.1 transmitted to and from Akamai.
(3) Information on data protection and Akamai's data protection declaration can be found here: https://www.akamai.com/de/de/multimedia/documents/akamai/akamai-privacy-....
7.1 Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. In the event that IP anonymization is activated on this website, however, your IP address will be truncated beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data from Google.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This means that IP addresses are processed in abbreviated form, thus excluding the possibility of personal references. Insofar as the data collected about you is related to a person, this is therefore immediately excluded and the personal data is thus immediately deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, we have concluded an agreement with Google based on the EU stand contract clauses (C2P - Controller to Processor).
7.2 Google Maps
(1) These Website uses Google Maps to display interactive maps and creating directions. Google Maps is a map service from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA. By using Google Maps, information about the use of this website including your IP address and the (start) address entered as part of the route planner function can be transmitted to Google in the USA. When you call up a page on our website that contains Google Maps, your browser establishes a direct connection with the Google servers. The content of the map is sent directly from Google to your browser, which integrates it into the website. We therefore have no influence on the amount of data that Google collects in this way. According to our level of knowledge, this is at least the following data:
- The date and time of the visit to the website concerned,
- Internet address or URL of the accessed website,
- IP address, entered during the route planning n (starting) address.
(2) We have no influence on the further processing and use of the data by Google and therefore can not accept any responsibility for this.
(4) The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Google as well as your related rights and setting options to protect your privacy from Google can be found at: https://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/ privacy /.
8. Social media plug-ins
8.1 Facebook, LinkedIn
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, LinkedIn. You can recognize the provider of the plug-in by the marking on the box above its initial letter or the logo. We give you the opportunity to use the button to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in. Only if you click on the marked field and thereby activate it will the plug-in provider receive the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online offer. In addition, the data mentioned in section 2 of this declaration will be transmitted. In the case of Facebook, according to the respective provider in Germany, the IP address is anonymized immediately after collection. By activating the plug-in, your personal data is transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (in the case of US providers in the USA). Since the plug-in provider collects data in particular via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies using the security settings of your browser before clicking on the grayed-out box.
(2) We have no influence on the data collected and the data processing operations, nor are we aware of the full scope of data collection, the purposes of processing or the storage periods. We also have no information on the deletion of the data collected by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider saves the data collected about you as a user profile and uses this for advertising, market research and / or needs-based design of its website. Such an evaluation takes place in particular (also for users who are not logged in) to display needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, although you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this. Via the plug-ins, we offer you the opportunity to interact with social networks and other users so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for using the plug-ins is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
(4) The data is passed on regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, your data collected by us will be assigned directly to your existing account with the plug-in provider. If you press the activated button and, for example, link the page, the plug-in provider also saves this information in your user account and shares it publicly with your contacts. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, but in particular before activating the button, as this allows you to avoid being assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider.
(5) We hereby expressly point out that, as the provider of this website, we have no knowledge of the content and scope of the data transmitted or of their use by the plug-in provider. Further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the data protection declarations of these providers, which are provided below. There you will also find further information on your rights in this regard and setting options to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their data protection information:
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; Further information on data collection: http.//www.facebook.cona/help/ 186325668085084, http: //vvww.facebook .cona/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http: // www .face-book.com / about / privacy / your-info # everyoneinfo.
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offer, which are stored on http://www.youtube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all integrated in the "extended data protection mode", which means that no data about you as a user will be transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. The data mentioned in paragraph 2 will only be transmitted when you play the videos We have no influence on data transfer.
(2) When you visit the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the under no. 2 (visit the website) of this declaration. This happens regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account that you are logged in to or whether there is no user account. If you are logged into Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to be assigned to your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as a user profile and uses it for advertising, market research and / or needs-based design of its website. Such an evaluation takes place in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, although you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
(3) YouTube is a subsidiary of Google. Further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by YouTube can be found in the data protection declaration. There you will also find further information on your rights and setting options to protect your privacy: https://wwvv.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
9. How to manage Cookies
In most web browsers, it is possible to make a setting to notify receipt of Cookies being sent; that is, to select whether or not to receive Cookies. It is also possible to make a setting to render the Cookie function inoperable. You may use the TDK Website even if you make a Cookie function inoperable. However, blocking some types of Cookies may affect your experience of the TDK website and its functions and services.