Where ever it is possible the concentration of a hazardous substance has to be reduced and such substances have to be substituted by less hazardous alternatives. This commitment is not only based on legal and customer requirements, but also part of the environmental policy of TDK-Micronas GmbH.
TDK-Micronas GmbH as part of the supply chain has to guarantee that legal and customer requirements are relayed to its suppliers. The specification "Prohibited and Declarable Substances / Requirements on Analysis Certificates" constitutes requirements on hazardous substances in homogeneous materials used for products and packing.
An Ingredient List has to be sent from the supplier of the homogeneous material to TDK-Micronas with new sample inspections or new material specifications and before major changes. Major changes are for example1:
- The composition of the homogeneous material has changed.
- The place of manufacture of the homogeneous material has changed.
- Modifications of the specification that are relevant for supplied materials, e.g.:
- a new standard has been included,
- a new substance has been included,
- an alteration of the grading of a substance (e.g. from to be declared to prohibited) or
- an alteration of relevant thresholds in the standards has been implemented.